Thursday, August 11, 2011

OMG everybody!!! It's finally here #albumofthecentury

Dear Diary,

After much anticipation and speculation, Watch The Throne was FINALLY released on Monday and it was, well... pretty poo to say the least. I mean of course the production was crisp and all, and that RZA track was ill, but other than that it did nothing for me. Here's a few things that annoyed me about the album;


  • Really sub-par rapping


  • Synths were relentless and made my ears bleed at times - Especially in that electro-dub-step-ish breakdown in Who Gon Stop Me. Ol' Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me ass sounding mo' fucker


  • In New Day, Kanye thinks everyone hates him and his life is really complicated and as a result, reckons if he ever has a son that he's never going to let him go into strip clubs because finding a wifey in there is a really hard accomplishment


  • Im going to go out on a limb here and say that rhyming "whatup blud, what up cuz?' with "its all black, I love us" is probably not some of Jay-Z's best work.


  • I think a Gucci beat accidentally sneaked its way on track 3 of the album and the two kings just couldn't come hard enough on the track


  • The raps weren't any good


  • The first Frank Ocean track was good (kinda got that Pray vibe off Jay's American Gangster album) but his second one, Made In America, was some corny ass shit. The soothing background synths and boppy keys reminded me of Blueprint 3's Forever Young and made me want to wave my hands from side to side and/or hug the nearest person to me, which at the time I didn't really want to do.


  • Lift Off had Kanye trying to sing again for some reason. No one has a clue what he actually said. Hot 16's are replaced by chilly 4's.


  • I had to listen to Otis again

Even after all that, do you know what the saddest thing is Diary? I downloaded the new Chris Breezy mixtape at the same time and even that poor excuse for a record is getting more spins than Watch The Throne. Besides, who wouldn't wanna here Biebs go HAM on the mic. He may rap dirty, but his dicks definitely clean.


Anyways I'm outtie, until next time D.


No comments:

Post a Comment