Friday, September 23, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Most readers of this will already know where home is for me. Home is a little city located down on the south end of the Western Australian map. Home is a hot, isolated coastal city named Perth. Home is also a place that flourishes with talented, friendly ass mother fuckers that will eventually, sooner rather than later, become those "Oh shit, They're from Perth!"type mentions.

A lot of people beat up on Perth, complaining that there is a lack of things to do, which is partially true but not if you open your eyes and ears to the skies. I don't know what it is about little young Perth that produces such talent (maybe it is something in our chlorinated water) but one things is for sure, we have guy's and doll's killing it in every direction. Some say being from such an isolated place is a curse but I truly believe that being hidden from the world's spotlight only increases the flame that burns inside our creatives.

I'm not one of those "Perth is the best, fuck other cities" people but every time I go to another city it really does give me a sense that though we don't have it all, we have enough and what we do have is special and unique. I have fallen in love with cities from Japan to the U.S. to Canada, and each time I look back and think of home I'm reminded of our scenes and our people. We have amazing artists, dope musicians, incredible skateboarders and friendly faces. We have designers that are on the next level, labels that about the essence more than dollar signs. We got bangin' hipster chicks too.

Peep these's's

Butter Goods


LittleGracie


The Growl


Ta-Ku



I just got youtube happy but it too get's you happy. Get absorbent.

Big love to the Hair Bro's, Durty Frog Doug, Arms, The Good Doctor, Geldi, Pidge, Garth, Robbie Blue Eyes, MRGNBT, HUMBY, Aslan (best guy), BOOBS, Thompson, April Rizose, Peggy Sue, Hill Street, Cosmo Gets, George Costanza's Tiny Dancers, Mum, Dad, Lil' Bro (don't fuck with my shit), Colin, #hipsterbitches, Coufos La Familia, LD=PIN, Shooter Mamotte, The Beach, $4.50 Coffee's, Little Creatures, Cooper's King Brown's, FREO, Skateboarding, Green Stuff, Everyone and everything I like.


No comments:

Post a Comment