Thursday, June 9, 2011

Not Another Wale Post

I was in New York last weekend for a little 4 day adventure. Whilst on a quiet perusal through the lower east side I thought it would be worth my while to peep the all popular Alife store on Rivington street. Due to me being geographically challenged for the majority of my life, I'd never actually been there before and wanted to see what all the hype was about. The dude behind the counter was a lad and let me in on a little secret that made my day/ entire trip and automatically entitled him to 15, 000 lad points.

Turns out that the newly opened Rocksmith store one block over were having a promo party with free alcohol and beats... and that wasn't even the best part. The party was being promoted by the Board Of Administration in conjunction with Maybach Music. Yeah you heard me, trust me not to bring my fuckin camera. Dude at Alife was all blase about it like "Yeah there's like Wale, Pill, Meek Mill, Black Cobain and that chick who sings that hook on Wale's last mixtape'. And I was like, "Man I fully hated on Wale in my last post and I now feel kinda guilty coz, you know, I really got love for the guy. Besides we all gotta eat right?" Anyways long story short, we hastily made our way over to the party and watched Black Cobain spit on the streets of Manhattan with nothing more than an acoustic guitar and some A grade swag. Tiara Thomas piped up erry now and then with a hook to keep proceedings in order. Wale again was a no show (I saw him play at Coachella last year and he was 30 mins late to his set, didnt apologise to what was left of the crowd and rushed through the remainder of his set missing a shitload of bangers) and Meek Mill and Pill were also no where to be seen. Did see Stalley vibing out with his massive beard knee combing. Needless to say it was a dope arvo.

Anyways that whole experience got my Black Cobain juices flowing again (no homo) and I decided to throw some of his tunes on at work the other day whilst pushing papers... which brings me to the point(s) of this post.

1. How goods Black Cobain? If you don't know, pretty fucking good in my books. He's been quite lively of late posting a few tracks on the online forums and pushing the whole Board of Administration brand/marketing company/music label/ or whatever you want to call it. I don't even think THEY know what the company does which makes it ever better.

2. Why is Wale puttin out poo poo when he can still rap like this? Go and pleasure your ears to his verse on the 4am that was put online about a month ago. Songs illlll.



Props to Wale for droppin Lil Penny as well as Ndamukong Suh in his verse. That guys a beast and makes Dwight Howard look like a pre-pubescent Chad Pennington.




No comments:

Post a Comment